Summer is finally coming to an end, and Johnny Boy has been enjoying some vacation time, and will be officially back on after Labor day, but I couldn't resist posting this contest by The Standard x Warby Parker for all aspiring and bonafide authors. They're asking for a short story, 1000 words or less inspired by the last Dog Days of summer...imagine Gatsby or Plath, enjoying the August summer heat along the Seine in Paris...drinking wine and watching the stylish Parisian's saunter by.
Click here to get all the information and requirements for the contest. Submissions can be placed in an email (no attachments) to StorySubmissions@standardhotel.com before September 23rd, 2012 at midnight!
• Jakab Orsos, Director of PEN American Center’s World Voices Festival of Literature
• Hettie Jones, Writer & Professor, author of How I Became Hettie Jones a memoir of the “Beat Scene” of the 50s & 60s.
What You Win…
• The five winners will be published in a compendium & placed in all Standard Hotel guest rooms, the Warby Parker HQ Showroom & the Warby Parker Readeries in Miami & LA.
• Five winning stories to be published on StandardCulture.com
• Two free pairs of Warby Parker glasses
• Complimentary copy of Object Lessons: The Paris Review Presents the Art of the Short Story
• Complimentary subscription to The Paris Review.
• GRAND PRIZE WINNER: 3 night stay at The Standard Spa, Miami Beach over Miami Book Fair in November (Excludes incidentals) or at a preferred Standard in LA or NY (Subject to availability. Excludes incidentals).