Rendering courtesy of MAM
I recently had dinner + drinks with the fabulous people from the MAM, and was sooo excited to hear the new group they're forming for the Pérez Art Museum Miami, aptly named Core Creative. This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking museum in one of the fastest growing cities in the world...Miami.
The Core Creative membership is $10,000, payable over 5 years. You only have to pay $2000 per year, which roughly works out to around $165 per month, which means you don't go out for dinner + drinks one night a month (cause we all know the SOBE prices for that :-)) Trust me, it's well worth it, and if you join now, you'll be a charter member with the following perks:
- Recognition on a permanent donor wall in the Herzog & de Meuron designed museum.
- Quarterly Core Creative events
- Annual art trip to New York City
- Invitations to Art Treks, featuring visits to private collections and artists’ studios
- Invitations to lectures with artists, curators and gallerists
- Complimentary invitation for two to Party on the Plaza during Art Basel
- Reciprocity for free admission to more than 350 museums in North America
- Free admission for four adults to the Museum and Members’ Openings
- Opportunity to arrange a private tour for a group of ten persons
- Six guest passes to share with friends, family and clients
- Receive priority notice of the Annual Ball
- Opportunity to join Collectors Council, group dedicated to the growth of the permanent collection
I mean really, who doesn't like their name on a wall, especially when it's on the wall of a Herzog building. Think how impressed your future dates will be when you bring them to see a new exhibition, stroll past the wall, and of course pause to stare Anticipated opening is October 2013, and I promised not to divulge what star chef is opening a restaurant in there, but i will give you a hint: she cooks fabulous food.
For all the pertinent information, contact Timothy Walker, the Capital Campaign Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org / 305.375.3018. Tell them Johnny Boy sent you...and maybe you'll be invited to a small private gathering I'm in the works of throwing for them this fall at mi casa.
I've said this before and i'll say it again "Support the Arts dammit, if you don't, who will?"